Saturday 24 September 2011

I Love You, Lord


Here is another one of my favourite songs, 'I love You, Lord'. It is sung by Barry McGuire as the Apostle Peter on another of Jimmy and Carol Owen's lovely musicals - The Witness

'So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord: thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs....' (John 21: 15)


Hear it here (audio only) and be blessed: 






I LOVE YOU, LORD

by Carol Owens

Peter:

I love You, Lord,
And You know I always meant to do things right.
I love You, Lord,
When I think of how I've failed You I could cry.
And when I hear You calling me
I want to run and hide,
Yet You know I love You so.

I Love You, Lord,
Although I know my heart may not seem true.
I love You, Lord,
And I've prayed for one more chance to prove I do.
I want to leave the past behind
and feel Your smile again,
Oh Lord, You know I love You so, I love You so.

So if You find it in Your heart
to let me start again,
I'll be your witness, Lord, Your witness, Lord,
Your witness to the end of my life.
Let me make it right,
Let me try again,
I'll be your witness to the end.

So if You find it in Your heart
to let me start again,
I'll be Your witness, Lord, Your witness, Lord,
Your witness to the end of my life.
Let me make it right,
Let me try again,
I'll be Your witness to the end, to the end.


********************************* 
Amen! May this be our prayer, too, when we feel that we've failed our Lord. 


God Bless

4 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah s very true Sarah, "Forgetting the things that are behind and pressing toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus".. the past is under the blood and the present is the gift of God to use for His glory.. praise Him!thanks and blessings, love Shaz.xx

Sarah C. said...

Amen to that, dear Shaz! Blessed be His name! May He give us the grace to forget the past and press on ahead to Him.
God bless,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Amen, blessed be the Lord! Thank you for sharing this song, dear sister. It's when we've failed that His grace seems all the more unmerited... and therefore all the more precious and amazing. "Amazing grace how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me!"

With love in Him,

Maddy

Sarah C. said...

Dear Madday,
Yes, God's grace is unfathomable. His Name be praised. Thank you for your encouragement.

Love in Him.
Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...