Saturday 13 August 2011

Still Dews of Quietness

I found this little poem by John Greenleaf Whittier in Elizabeth Elliot's book Let Me Be A Woman (p. 43) (which is a great book - By the way!). It says:


Drop Thy still dews of quietness 
Till all our strivings cease. 
                     Take from our souls the strain and stress, 
And let our ordered life confess 
The beauty of Thy peace. 

J. G. Whittier 

Everyday, in a world so noisy around us, I realise how much I need the Lord to quiet me with His love and peace - to remove the strain and stress from my soul. May this poem/prayer be ours daily. 


God Bless,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen again, may this prayer be ours!

Joy said...

May we know His peace which surpasses all understanding and listen to His Voice--the voice of love and peace, even in this busy, noisy world!
That is a lovely poem, Sarah.
I love you so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...